Route Sales Representative
Company: ARC3 Gases North
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job DescriptionArc3 Gases, Inc. ("Arc3") is a growing,
multi-generation family-owned and operated manufacturer and
distributor of industrial, medical, food and beverage, and
specialty gases and welding supplies, with over 50 locations in
Virginia, the Carolinas, and Maryland. We have a broad retail and
distribution network that enables us to provide outstanding service
to customers of all types and sizes, and we serve many industries
ranging from fabrication and manufacturing to research, health
care, and food and beverage. Arc3's CO2 division supplies CO2 and
nitrogen gases and generation systems to customers from Delaware to
Florida.Arc3 succeeds by building lasting relationships with our
employees, our customers, and our business partners. We treat
people the right way, we're reliable, and we engender trust using
our technical expertise to help our customers build and improve
their businesses. We attract, develop, and retain employees who
deliver this value consistently over time by offering them
competitive pay and benefits and a long-term career path, and by
heavily investing in their safety, health, and overall
well-being.Job SummaryAs Route Sales Representative, you will play
a critical role in developing and maintaining strong customer
relationships because you will have direct, face-to-face contact
with Arc3's customers on a daily basis as you deliver hard goods
and gas cylinders and retrieve empty cylinders by truck on a
scheduled route based out of Lynchburg, VA. The Route Sales
Representative will float between branches to serve customers from
Farmville throughout Western Virginia. Some overnight travel is
required.The job is physically demanding and time-sensitive, but
you will find it very rewarding as you earn our customers' trust by
providing consistently exceptional customer service. Many of our
managers started their career at Arc3 as a Route Sales
Representative, so it is an excellent way to learn the business and
position yourself for career advancement if you so desire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely and efficiently load, deliver and unload hard goods and
cylinders containing compressed gases to customers, and retrieve
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents.
- Identify and monitor customers' needs and maintain their
desired hard good and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate the
need for emergency deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
- Strictly comply with all safety rules and DOT and OSHA
- Maintain the appropriate drivers' license and
- Keep the inside and outside of your truck safe and clean.
- Perform counter sales and assist customers in the store when
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and
demonstrations as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Class B CDL with HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience
handling compressed gases preferred.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years-old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by
regulation for truck drivers.
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work
independently, self-motivated, and ability to pay attention to
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift
76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger
activities. Frequent bending also required.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts with Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- New Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with Health Insurance Premium Discounts
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Personal Protective Equipment ReimbursementsEqual Opportunity
Employer. Disabled/Protected Veterans.#routesales
#salesrepresentative #machinewelding #weldingsupply #gases
#compressedgasses #cylinders #truckdriver #CDL #Hazmat #CDLdriver
Keywords: ARC3 Gases North, Lynchburg , Route Sales Representative, Sales , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!