Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: May 22, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to moving gene therapies
into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families
devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is
advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening
genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene
therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA--). We are in the midst of
an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to
join us on this important mission.AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company
, is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing
and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from
rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our
initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene
therapy product candidate currently in development for the
treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading
genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA
Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted
AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of
SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track
Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to
developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to
develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases,
including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic
lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide
dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee
multiple warehouses and Warehouse Associates of their shift. This
is a working supervisor role responsible for making warehouse
decisions and addressing or resolving issues based on experience,
written procedures and analytical analysis. This includes
supervision of all activities related to receiving, issuing,
production/lab support, shipping, inventory control and waste flow
in support of the Libertyville manufacturing site.Responsibilities
- Oversee the Warehouse Associates with day to day tasks and
goals to support manufacturing and labs.
- Manage schedules (vacation/sick days/etc.).
- Communicating/assigning tasks within their shift and to relay
issues or updates to the Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for the human resource objectives of training,
performance review and goal setting, scheduling and monitoring
progress of work and assignments/projects.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accountability and
investigating any variances.
- Supports receiving and shipping activities, along with issuing,
kitting, cycle counting and waste flow within the Libertyville
- Ensure coordination between multiple warehouses focusing on
proper staffing and inventory movements.
- Supports annual financial budget activities, while monitoring
monthly expenditures and understand key warehouse needs.
- Supports strategy planning for the warehouse, implements
continuous improvement ideas within shift.
- Ensures efficient shift changes by effectively communicating
with other Supervisors and Associates during transition.
- Minimum B.S. degree OR minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical
- 3-5 years' supervisory experience.
- Experience with viral gene therapies and/or orphan disease
indications is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze issues and summarize outcomes to provide
recommendations on compliant path forward; ideal applicant will be
required to demonstrate high attention to detail, multi-tasking,
and organization ability.
- Proficiency in ERP systems.
- Forklift Certified (Forklift trainer preferred).The level of
this position will be based on the final candidate's
qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
veteran status. #L1-TT1
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Lynchburg , Supervisor, Warehouse, Professions , Durham, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!