Mortgage Production Manager
Company: First National Bank
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionFirst National Bank is actively seeking talented
people who will help us fulfill our mission: provide an
extraordinary customer experience. For over a century, we have
honed quality products and efficient services by attracting and
training top industry talent in the Lynchburg, Charlottesville, and
Danville areas. We seek candidates who strive to be their best in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.First National
Bank is proud to offer competitive benefits: medical, dental, and
vision insurance, Paid Time Off, Retirement plans that include 401k
and a Pension plan, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Employee
Assistance programs and so much more.Do you desire to be part of an
exciting, fast-growing company? Extraordinary customer service
begins with outstanding employees! We invite you to learn more
about First National Bank by visiting our website at
www.1stnatbk.com. JOB SUMMARY: The Mortgage Production Manager is
responsible, with the support of the Chief Revenue Officer, for the
outcomes of the secondary market mortgage origination process,
working closely with lending partners and third-party vendors while
coaching and supervising the team to the Bank's strategic goals for
financial performance. This role also originates their own mortgage
applications balancing the customer service standards set by the
Bank while overseeing the team and its operations. The Mortgage
Production Manager at First National Bank engages in the community
in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank making a positive
impact on the regions we serve through an ongoing investment in
external community involvement and personal development fostering
the same in those working in the department. Supervisory: Manages a
team of mortgage loan originators and administrative support
positions. Representative duties of the Mortgage Production Manager
- Executes the directives of the Chief Revenue Officer and other
members of Senior Management
- Responsible for the Mortgage department's profitability
- Supervise and motivate department staff, setting goals and
evaluating performance of all staff members.
- Supervise all aspects of department operations with the support
of third-party vendors and Chief Revenue Officer.
- Maintain awareness of experienced loan officers in the markets
we serve that may fit into the Bank's strategic plans.
- Seek training resources for mortgage officers in product
specifications. Encourage loan officers to learn, use and expand
knowledge of technology function and investor products in order to
- Promote loan production through example, encouragement and
education of mortgage officers.
- Perform as a managing producer supporting al functions of the
area while originating own pipeline.
- Oversee business development efforts by originators; both
individually and corporately
- Seek opportunities to expand customer relationships by
recommending other bank products and services and making referrals
to other areas as may be required.
- Seek business opportunities through realtor and referral
relationships, marketing and coaching originators to do the
- Participate in community activities to increase the bank's
visibility; including non-profits and homeownership education
- Develop, Maintain and manage multiple secondary market lending
relationships. Constantly monitor for new products and investor.
Manage all third-party vendor relationships.
- Responsible for the Department's accountability for
originations to meet all compliance regulations, including Fair
Lending, RESPA, Equal Credit Opportunity, Reg B, Reg C, Reg Z Truth
in Lending and the SAFE Act.
- Ensure government loans are closed in compliance with FHA and
VA guidelines as required, including compliance with the Bank's
Quality Control Plan. The OM will be responsible for monitoring and
submitting loans to Accurate Quality Control as required by the
- Oversee and manage all documentation and compliance issues
within the mortgage lending area in conjunction with third-party
provider relationshipsExperience, education, knowledge, skills and
- BS/BA degree with additional education and training in Real
Estate Law, Compliance and Mortgage Lending provided by seminars or
graduate college work.
- Ability to sell, communicate and provide training to others
(both employees and customers) concerning secondary market mortgage
loan products and other bank products.
- Ability to analyze personal financial statements, credit
reports and Federal Tax Returns.
- Ability to interpret oral instructions, written policies and
procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to interpret rules and guidelines concerning
origination, selling and servicing of mortgage loans.
- Moderate to advanced PC skills including word processing and
excel; Encompass software preferred
- Ability to interact with customers and answer questions and
- On-going knowledge of economics and impacts of interest rate
- Extensive prior lending experience and experience in
supervising and coaching others
- Understanding of mortgage pricing and lender compensation
regulationsWe are proud to be an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: First National Bank, Lynchburg , Mortgage Production Manager, Professions , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!