Energy Center Technician - Night Shift - Altavista, VA Plant
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac,
PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for a
Powerhouse Operator. This site is Abbott's largest Nutrition
manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you'll feel
part of a family - a family of 650+ that works together to help
nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
* A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
* Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
* Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new
employees and tuition assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
* Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
* Paid time off
* 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of
the quality system.
* Operates Energy Center equipment and related control systems;
i.e., gas/oil boilers, air compressors, ammonia refrigeration
system, chillers, cooling towers, water and sewer treatment
* Performs various chemical tests on steam and water systems such
as hardness, conductance, alkalinity, pH, etc.. Using the test
results, maintains proper control of different steam and water
systems to assure efficient Energy Center operation and provide
high quality utilities for the site.
* Performs routine maintenance in Energy Center systems and
equipment such as boilers, chillers, air compressors, steam
systems, water softeners, and pumps.
* Uses computer-based HMI control system for both utility and HVAC
control systems. Use computer to access Outlook and Maximo.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
* High School Diploma/GED.
* 4 years of related work in energy center operations. Four years
related experience is defined as operating energy center type
equipment such as boilers, refrigeration, air compressors,
hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic control systems in
a similar environment or performing tasks similar to or the same as
those required in this position.
* Wastewater Certification
* Boiler Operation License
* CIRO Certification
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to
help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your
future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Lynchburg , Energy Center Technician - Night Shift - Altavista, VA Plant, Professions , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!