Application Support Analyst
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. H eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking an IT Application Support
Analyst for its Lynchburg, VA location! Job Description/Duties:
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in
conceptualizing and development of new software programs and
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of
software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and
specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with
internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans,
including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all
internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software
products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new
software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and
software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software
products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and
applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or
performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and
existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating
areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver
solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or
team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members. Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field is
- Must possess at least six (6) years of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft programming languages including C#,
VB.NET, and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Must have knowledge and skills of relational databases and
- An understanding of Microsoft platforms including SharePoint,
SQL server, and Visual Studio is preferred.
- Must have prior experience interviewing end-users for insight
on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly changing
environment is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
--------------------- BWXT supports diversity and is committed to
the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Help Desk, Information Technology, Technical Support,
Developer, Technology, Research
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Application Support Analyst, Professions , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!