Stress Analyst Engineer
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. H eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is seeking a Stress Analyst Engineer for--our
location in Lynchburg, VA! The Stress Analyst Engineer will be part
of a diverse and multi-discipline team working on a variety of
projects including next generation reactor design, reactor
component/equipment development, medical isotopes, and advanced
manufacturing technology development. This role is a
multi-functioning, multi-faceted role requiring an individual with
a wide range of capabilities. This role includes primary and
secondary duties as described below. --Job Description/Duties:
- Perform static and dynamic mechanical and thermal stress
analysis activities for component design.
- Lead/direct analysis work performed by others at local and
- Maintain design configuration control using document and
computer file management systems.
- Prepare engineering documents (requirements, drawings,
calculations, analyses, specifications). Job
- An engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university is
required (a degree in mechanical or structural engineering
- A minimum of 7 years' experience performing mechanical and
thermal stress analyses using Finite Element Analysis Software is
- Must possess relevant engineering background and sufficient
knowledge and interpersonal skills to coordinate multiple
engineering activities simultaneously.
- Experience with seismic and vibration analyses preferred.
- Experience with fatigue analyses preferred.
- Must be proficient using CAD 3D modeling tools
- Experience with ASME Code Section III Division 1 and 5 analysis
and design preferred.
- Must be able to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely
written and verbal communication.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to develop
effective relationships with internal and external customers and
- Experience in effectively leading and collaborating with remote
groups using tools such as WebEx and Microsoft Teams required.
- Travel (10% - 20%) domestic and international.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) clearance. Preferred Qualifications/Requirements:
- 10+ years' or more experience in mechanical design or
- Experience performing hydrodynamic and fluid flow
- Familiar with fluid structure interaction analysis (Flow
- Experience with ANSYS FEA software preferred. U.S. Citizenship,
with--no dual citizenship--is required for this position.--
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information or matter. Position requires U.S.
citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation, drug test and previous employment reference
verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the
concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Thermal Engineering,
CAD, Drafting, Engineering
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Stress Analyst Engineer, Professions , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!