Community Based Clinician, LMHP-E
Company: Dominion Youth Services
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Dominion Youth Services is currently seeking qualified License
Eligible Mental Health Professionals that have a passion to serve
individuals and provide quality care.
If you are seeking a job that is truly rewarding and allows you to
have an impact on an individual's life, come work for Dominion
Youth Services today! Since 1999, Dominion Youth services has been
providing quality care to individuals and their families. The
mission of Dominion Youth Services is to enrich the lives of the
people we serve by instilling in them a belief that they have the
capabilities to achieve their goals. We provide quality programs
that allow individuals to develop the skills necessary for success.
Our staff are supportive and caring individuals who are trained to
carry out our mission. We strive to be the premier provider of a
broad array of services to include mental health, education,
intellectual disabilities and autism.
- Completion of a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or
licensure track related human services field.
- Meet the criteria for a Licensed Eligible Mental Health
Professional per the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance
Services (DMAS) and Department of Behavioral Health and
Developmental Services (DBHDS) standards by being registered with
the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Clinical experience, preferably working in Community Mental
Health with youth and/or adults with severe mental illnesses and/or
- Must hold a valid, current Commonwealth of VA Driver's License
and be insurable by the company's liability insurance.
- Other requirements as assigned by DMAS and/or licensure
- Provide community based services to include Intensive-In-Home
(IIH), Mental Health Skill Building (MHSB) and community based
- Responsible for the development and implementation of
Individual, Family, and Group treatment interventions as applicable
for specific service area assignments.
- Typically, responsible for a case load of 2 MHSB/IIH cases,
therapeutic one hours for IIH cases, clinical assessments and
continued stay authorizations.
- Engage individuals in individual and/or family sessions while
providing psychoeducation, behavioral support and therapeutic
- Utilize verbal de-escalation techniques and strategies to
assist the individual with maintaining self-control. Educate the
individual on and assist them with utilizing coping skills to
manage behaviors and emotions.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor the safety of individuals and
others at all times.
- Develop treatment plans based on recommended goals identified
in the individual's assessment.
- Complete all required documentation which includes but not
limited to, the tracking of all individualized behaviors,
individual service plans, monthly reports, quarterly reports,
discharge planning, progress notes and all related documentation in
compliance with DMAS, Licensure and Dominion Day standards.
- Engage in Care Coordination with other staff and community
service providers to ensure the appropriateness of treatment
modalities and services being provided.
- Maintain compliance with all funding source regulations, rules,
and documentation requirements to ensure timely approval of all
service authorizations and re-authorizations for our clients.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments and intakes as authorized and
supervised by a licensed clinician.
- Assist with crisis coordination and related clinical support,
to include the potential for 24/7 emergency availability and
- Schedule and participate in regular clinical supervision
towards licensure following the current laws and regulations of the
Board of Health Professions. Supervision will include assessing
counseling skills, reviewing a representative sample of treatment
plans that were developed by the Clinician, monitoring assessments,
reviewing case records and statistics, monitoring family
interventions, monitoring case management and crisis intervention,
and management of referral and discharge process. Documentation
must be maintained of frequency and content of supervision.
- Total direct psychotherapy treatment work will include intakes,
assessments and corresponding family work, crisis intervention, 1:1
therapy, therapeutic groups (when applicable to service area), for
a minimum of 20 billable hours per week of direct care.
Additional Benefits to Joining Our Team:
- Flexible scheduling
- Providing continuing education to employees
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits, including dental & vision
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for QMHP registration and renewal
- Opportunities for supervision, continuing education, and career
Keywords: Dominion Youth Services, Lynchburg , Community Based Clinician, LMHP-E, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!