Business Development Specialist
Company: RTI International
Posted on: May 22, 2019
RTI is seeking applicants for the role of Business Development
Specialist to serve within the Division of Education and Workforce
Development (EWD). Our work in education advances equitable,
high-quality learning for people of all ages around the globe. We
take an integrated approach to research combining deep expertise in
education and workforce development with broad capabilities in
quantitative and qualitative research, evaluation studies, and data
visualization and decision support tools. Our clients include
federal and state agencies, foundations, non-profits, local school
districts, and corporations.
The Business Development Specialist will support the strategic
growth initiatives of EWD and engage with teams within EWD to
define and execute business development strategies. Though the
focus of this position will be growing business, there will also be
opportunities to and expectations of contributions to project work.
EWD supports an integrated and matrixed approach to work and calls
upon the skill sets of all team members to deliver quality
solutions to our customers. Hence, this position will encourage
engagement in project work that is suitable to the person
fulfilling the role.
This position will be based either in RTP, NC (RTI headquarters),
Washington, DC, or Berkeley, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Build relationships with potential and current partners that add
and enhance expertise for our EWD team and increase our win
* Coordinates and organizes overall tracking, capture and bid
(proposal) development efforts through utilization of goals,
metrics, skills analysis, and engagement across business units.
* Supports proposal development, working with key stakeholders
(including partners as needed) in preparation of proposals.
* Writes contract or grant proposal sections with moderate level of
technical complexity and gather background information to support
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships with staff
across the organization.
* Facilitates and inspires various teams of stakeholders to drive
initiatives and internal growth.
* Researches funding opportunities and prepare analyses to inform
decision making, proposals, and business development
* Assists with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative
research activities to inform the state of our markets and how EWD
is performing within those markets.
* Contributes to and/or prepares marketing materials (brochures,
multi-media, social media, etc.) for us by various parties for
* Contributes to and/or prepares portions of technical memoranda,
reports and presentations.
* Enhance EWD s success in partnerships and new and continued
business by successfully completing project work with high quality,
on time, cost efficiency, and meeting clients expectations.
* Masters' degree in Social Science, Public Policy, Education, or a
related field, with at least 3 years of relevant experience or a
Bachelor s degree plus 6 years to match.
* Previous experience and high-level of comfort presenting/speaking
in front of groups or with newly met colleagues
* Previous experience supporting quantitative or qualitative
analysis of market and/or competitors.
* Working knowledge of Salesforce as a corporate program/proposal
tracking tool or other similar corporate opportunity management
* Prior experience working with the Department of Education or
other federal or state agencies highly desirable.
* Experience supporting large and complex proposals for federal and
nonfederal agencies highly desirable.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g.,
MS Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.)
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally
* Demonstrated success in meeting frequent, multiple, tight and
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and may be asked
to provide a writing sample
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully
in multidisciplinary teams
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is
Keywords: RTI International, Lynchburg , Business Development Specialist, Other , Durham, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!