Automotive Repair Specialist
Posted on: May 13, 2019
6056 - Lynchburg - 507 Simons Run, Lynchburg, Virginia,
24502CarMax, the way your career should be!?General Summary: Under
general supervision, performs all processes necessary to diagnose
and complete mechanical and cosmetic repairs on customer and
internal CarMax vehicles following prescribed CarMax policies and
procedures.??Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through
customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by
CarMax ?Voice of Customer? processes.?
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply
- Use and control tools and equipment?
- Perform mechanical and cosmetic repairs, including but not
limited to the diagnosis of all internal and external vehicle
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Maintain? workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance
with CarMax 5S standardsReview repair orders for work performed and
accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing
including opening and closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including
CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.?
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to other
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the
store, including, but not limited to vehicle assessment, vehicle
prepping, vehicle receiving and transferring.Job Specifications:
Work requires ability to:
- Complete New Associate Orientation Training ? Operations.
- Complete Kronos Training for Hourly Associates.
- Maintain a current Refrigerant Recycling License.
- Maintain current ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension
(A4) and Brakes (A5).?
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with
customers/associates in person and over the phone. ? Demonstrate
above average attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and
customer service skills
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active
listening skills ?Working Conditions: ? Combination of office, shop
and outdoor environment.?? May include working at times in noisy
and/or inclement weather conditions.? May require walking or
standing for an extended period of time.? Flexible work hours with
shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour
days.? Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all
times working in the store.? Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA
standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and
proper waste disposal in required areas.? Adhere to all CarMax
policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and
Professional Appearance policies.About CarMaxCarMax disrupted the
auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and
high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This
innovative thinking?around the way cars are bought and sold?has
helped us become the nation?s largest retailer of used cars, with
over 200 locations nationwide.Our?amazing team of more than 25,000
associates work together to deliver iconic customer
experiences.?Along the way,?we help every associate grow their
career and achieve their best, at work and in their community.? We
are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and
are?one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For?.CarMax is an
equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Upon an
applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation
to complete the CarMax Job Application .If you have technical
problems when submitting your application, please contact us by
phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email [Click Here to Email Your
Keywords: carmax, Lynchburg , Automotive Repair Specialist, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!