Company: Belvac Production Machinery Inc.
Posted on: April 13, 2019
Belvac is the world leader in the design and production of
continuous motion rotary machinery. We provide beverage canmakers
with high-speed trimming, necking, base reprofiling and reforming,
shaping, bottom rim coating, flanging and inspection technology.
Over the years, we have been responsible for numerous advances in
canmaking technology. This technology has enabled our customers to
steadily increase line speeds and improve quality and productivity,
while significantly reducing materials costs. Belvac was founded in
1962 in Lynchburg Virginia. Philosophies of quality, pride,
craftsmanship, and work ethic set extremely high standards and
quickly drove Belvac to become the world leader in its industry
revolutionizing many manufacturing processes. For over forty years
Belvac has turned innovative ideas into world class machinery.
Serving both the Can Making and Plastics industry.sts.
Is responsible for daily review of MRP requirements and purchase
order placement to ensure product is available to meet production
and shipping schedules. Provides information and support to
Manufacturing, Production Control/Planning, Sales and Engineering.
Works with Supply Chain to help accomplish strategic goals.
* Responsible for on-time delivery of all purchase orders
* Acts as liaison between Supplier and Belvac.
* Responsible for disposition and return/disposal of Non-conforming
Purchase Parts under buyer code.
* Expedites orders to meet changing needs in delivery
* Assures Supplier visits and all associated contacts within the
company, as related to the Purchasing function, are within the
scope of professional business, and within the Belvac Ethics
Policy, as defined.
* MRP analysis, purchase order creation and distribution, and
capable of consolidation of orders.
* A firm understanding of basic production control/planning
(MRP,CRP) is a requirement.
* Responsible for timely distribution and research necessary, with
follow through for all Engineering Change Orders received, and
Add/Delete reactions. Expected to provide cost and inventory impact
of Add/Deletes, as well as recommendations for disposal, and
back-up for proper scrap disbursement.
* The ability to create programs, monitor performance, and report
results of activities to Manager is required.
* Understands and uses Inventory, Manufacturing, Engineering and
* Aids in achieving cost savings targets while meeting inventory
* Assists in analysis and set-up of economic order quantities
* Reviews incoming international order and import documentation for
accuracy and obtains corrections if necessary.
Bachelor of Science in Business or related business degree
APICS or SCM certification a plus
* Minimum 3 years purchasing experience in a Manufacturing
* International purchasing experience a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law..
Keywords: Belvac Production Machinery Inc., Lynchburg , Senior Buyer/Planner, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!