Company: Westminster-Canterbury of Lynchburg
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Westminster Canterbury of Lynchburg, a 5-Star rated Continuing Care
Retirement Community in Central VA is seeking a Full Time Cook I to
join our team! Full-time position available with complete benefits
package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 403B with
match, and more. We are seeking a Cook I to join our Dining
Services team. We have two openings available for the following
- Hours 11AM-8PM
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte station
or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or received verbal instructions on food
required by customers, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by
operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix
ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and
vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Westminster Canterbury, client and regulatory rules and
- Must be a high school graduate or GED.
- Previous cooking experience preferred (0-2 years).
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Serve Safe certificate required or must be willing to obtain
within 6 months.
- Knowledge of food handling and safety procedures.
- Ability to work well with all types of individuals.Westminster
Canterbury of Lynchburg is committed to best practices for
infection control; therefore, we require all team members to
receive the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines.PI177419267
Keywords: Westminster-Canterbury of Lynchburg, Lynchburg , Cook I, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!