Special Education Teacher
Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story
Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts
and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges
and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a
fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition
reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School in Lynchburg, VA
is seeking a qualified Special Education
Teacher to join our team. Autism Program Special
Education Teachers play an integral role in the success of our
students. The position provides academic instruction and mentors
students in a team environment, under the clinical supervision of a
BCBA/BCaBA. Special Education Teachers are responsible for
overseeing the classroom team, including the dynamics and
functioning of all staff within their classroom to fulfill the
individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Virginia Department of Education License or License
- Three (3) years teaching experience working with children with
behavior/learning disorders is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Valid Virginia Drivers License is preferred
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team
to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff
within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in
higher order thinking, problem solving, and real world connections
for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students,
parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA
privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal
opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We
are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our
employees and the students we serve. For more information about
New Story Schools careers and benefits, please
visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience working with
children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- VDOE Teacher License
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.
Keywords: New Story Schools, Lynchburg , Special Education Teacher, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!