Lead LTC Claims Escalation Representative- Resolution
Lynchburg, VA, Richmond, VA or Remote
This position is available to Virginia residents as
Richmond, Virginia in-office applicants or remote applicants
residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard
Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia,
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi,
Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North
Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia,
Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
The Resolution Specialist responds to customer concerns where
a miss in our process is perceived. You will work in a fast-paced
environment across multiple products, ensuring claims handling
follows policy provisions, internal guidelines, and Compliance
• Under minimal supervision, responds to inquiries from
various internal and external customers via telephone,
correspondence and personal contact.
• May address topics such as policy provisions; Department of
Insurance inquiries; company procedures; claims processes and
specific federal and state requirements, regulations and deadlines
in order to meet specific service level agreements.
• Responsible for receiving information about customer
problems from a variety of sources; documenting information,
progress and status regarding the receipt, research, resolution and
communication of customer problems.
• Builds positive relationships with team members, while
working in a fast paced highly flexible environment.
• Remains current on changes to product offerings, processes
and operational procedures to ensure compliance.
• Aggressively seeks out and learns new processes, procedures
and system transactions through formal and informal training
• Tracks trends, reports out on metrics and initiates changes
to existing processes based on complaints.
• May provide some coaching to associates regarding processes
and handling of difficult situations and/or callers; providing
supervisors with information/feedback that will assist in overall
departmental goal attainment.
• May provide some on the job training to team members in
areas of personal expertise.
• May develop procedural and/or training documentation to
support new regulations or product introductions.
• 2 years of experience in adjudicating Long Term Care
• You have solid to exceptional performance in current role,
as measured by productivity metrics, problem resolution, quality
and feedback from supporting areas and also have deep experience in
adjudicating Long Term Care claims.
• Proven experience coaching others in customer service and
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Prior experience in a call center environment.
• Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with
the ability to both coach associates as well as present to
• Demonstrated PC / Technical skills - Windows based
mainframe experience, as well as MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word,
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts.
• College Degree (BS/BA) and/or equivalent work
• Proven ability to work with in both PEGA Customer Service
and PEGA Claims.
• Proven ability to network and develop relationships across
teams as well as drive change to promote excellent service to our
• Excellent critical thinking, organizational and
prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and
meet deadlines while working independently.
• Experience developing training materials, documenting
processes, and interpreting contract language and/or
• Medical experience, work with the elderly or understanding
or long term care industry helpful.
WHY WORK AT GENWORTH
We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
We work on challenging and rewarding projects
We give back to the communities where we live
We offer competitive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account benefit
options available beginning your first day
Generous Choice Time Off your first full year
12 Paid Holidays
40 hours of volunteer time off
401K Account with matching contributions
Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
Paid Family Leave
Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding
company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home
ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its
leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care
insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth
traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to develop
solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including
individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life
insurance and new innovative products over time.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for
our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work
environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work,
community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We
know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re
dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their