Outpatient Clinician (LPC or LCSW)
Company: Intercept Youth Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Intercept is seeking a licensed mental health professional to
provide outpatient therapy in the Lynchburg area.
Summary: The Outpatient Clinician is responsible for clinical
and administrative activities relating to outpatient referrals for
individuals, families, couples and groups using Outpatient Services
Education: A LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LCP or other independently
licensed professional by the Department of Health Professions.
Experience: Postgraduate clinical experience working with
children, adolescents or families highly preferred. Experience
providing children's clinical services and functioning as a
therapist in a mental health agency highly preferred. Experience in
a broad range of therapeutic modalities (individual, group and
family therapies) is preferred, as well as in-depth knowledge about
the use and implementation of evidence-based practice models
identified for outpatient services programs.
- Ensure clinical documentation compliance (completion of initial
screenings, diagnosis at intake for billing requirements utilizing
DSM-V criteria, session documentation, services plans/reviews if
required by insurance, discharge planning and recommendations, any
other forms/documentation required by insurance provider for
reimbursement or ethical documentation of services).
- Utilize effective listening skills to establish rapport with
patients, groups, couples, and family members to provide emotional
support/encouragement, and engage family members in the service
- Initiate and provide ongoing communication with service
professionals to ensure coordination of care.
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary during available
hours. Educate patients on/implement alternative crisis contacts
and planning as needed if therapist not available, and continually
assess clients for increased service needs.
- Conduct and prepare written diagnostic assessments, assessing
patients from multiple perspectives (family
abuse/strengths/treatment history, etc.).
- Furnish additional assessments/evaluations within scope of
- Utilize various assessment instruments as needed within scope
- Meet with/provide treatment to patients as necessary to ensure
- Provide regular monitoring for patients to include assistance
with learning and carrying out necessary treatment goals.
- Develop and implement treatment plans as needed, and document
case activities within/outside of therapy sessions for all
services, clinical standards and billing purposes.
- Maintain high quality standards for services rendered by
adhering to appropriate licensing Board's Ethical Standards.
- Maintain an awareness of their areas of expertise, and an
ability to staff or refer a case elsewhere if it becomes too
complex or falls outside one's appropriate scope of practice.
(Refrain from engaging in specific therapeutic interventions that
require separate certification and or licensure).
Keywords: Intercept Youth Services, Lynchburg , Outpatient Clinician (LPC or LCSW), Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!