Intern - Metallurgical/ Material Science
Company: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Attention College Students! Are you looking to work in a rugged
and fun environment this summer with opportunities to explore and
learn new skills in the metallics recycling industry? This is a
summer only position, beginning in early May 2021 through to the
end of August 2021. The typical work week will be Monday through to
Friday. Join us in our cultural and digital transformation to build
the future and the Gerdau We Are Creating.
- A strong global presence with mini-mills that transform
millions of metric tons of raw material to produce steel beams,
flat-rolled steel, merchant bar, rebar, spikes, and wire used by
the automotive industry, appliance, construction, machinery, and
- A culture that welcomes diversity, encourages innovation and
creates products that serve humanity.
- An environment that values teamwork, safety, and
- A commitment to continuous improvement and the belief that we
can create a better future for our employees and our global
community by investing in people, processes, and technology.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in a
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm and some
- Ability to learn new things and have a strong work ethic
- You must have strong communication skills and use them at all
times to ensure safety among co-workers, truck drivers, peddlers,
This is an entry-level position, reflecting employees with no
previous knowledge or experience related to scrap metals and
recycling. You will learn about and assist in several aspects of
daily operations such as scrap inspection, sortation, and general
yard maintenance as directed. Under the safety standards of Gerdau,
you learn to perform general maintenance duties.
- Follow all of the established Gerdau safety, environmental, and
routine procedures specific to the yard
- Assist in the daily operations and maintenance.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- General house-keeping duties: sweep shop area and removal of
- Assist co-workers in general operational duties that are
essential to the yard in terms of safety, efficiency, and
- Problem-solving input and contributions as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Promote and practice the core values of Gerdau
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Keywords: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation, Lynchburg , Intern - Metallurgical/ Material Science, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!