Licensed Behavior Analyst
Company: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC
Posted on: June 4, 2021
New Story School is a private licensed academic school that
provides special education support for children up to the age of 21
who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior
disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families,
school districts and community partners to empower children in
overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Rivermont, a New Story School is currently
seeking a Licensed Behavior Analyst
(LBA) to join our team.
The Licensed Behavior Analyst
(LBA) is responsible for development,
implementation, and administrative and clinical supervision of
assigned program and services.
- Conducts a variety of evidence based assessments (e.g.,FBAs,
VB-MAPP, etc.) and develops appropriate programming based on
assessments results (e.g., treatment goals and behavior
- Collaborates with parents to promote skill maintenance and
- Ensures programming includes transition planning for clients
ages 14 and older (e.g., life-skills, vocational, self-help,
- Manages and coordinates intake of new clients.
- Provides on-site clinical supervision to assigned program to
ensure implementation, training, and competence of staff with
ABA/VB methodology, procedures, techniques, and strategies.
Provides RBT supervision and supervision of others to obtain BCBA
credential as needed.
- Ensures training on and utilization of scientifically validated
behavior analytic teaching procedures and techniques.
- Works within forecasted census/productivity targets.
- Collaborates with administrators, teachers, counselors, related
service providers or other stakeholders in development and
implementation of academic instruction, the IEP/ISP and assigned
tasks in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA/Verbal Behavior (VB)
techniques, procedures, and interventions.
- Provides direct therapy and instruction to identified
students/clients, as needed.
- Provides feedback and maintains written documentation of
program recommendations, modifications, evaluations, and
- Develops and monitors individualized data collection systems
and makes programmatic changes as necessary.
- Provides in-home, in-office, and telehealth services to
patients and their families.
- This position requires travel up to 35%of the time. Travel will
be local (within a 60 mile radius) the majority of the time.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested and job
specification can be modified or updated at any time.
- Master's Degree in human services, education, psychology,
counseling, social work or related field.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Licensed or licensed eligible as Behavior Analyst by the
Virginia Board of Medicine.
- A Virginia State Driver’s license with a Virginia Department of
Motor Vehicles (DMV) record in good standing.
- Supervisory experience in a school or community based setting
serving individuals with disabilities.
- Experience in settings using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
and Verbal Behavior (VB).
- Demonstrated knowledge of autism and the challenges and
opportunities available to this population of children.
Eligible New Story School employees will receive:
- Medical and Prescription Plan
- Health Savings and Spending Accounts
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays, including paid days for
weather related closures
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information
about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our
- Masters or better in Human Services or related field
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC, Lynchburg , Licensed Behavior Analyst, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!