Special Education Teacher
Company: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC
Posted on: June 1, 2021
New Story School is a private licensed academic
school that provides special education support for children up to
the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or
emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams
collaborate with families, school districts and community partners
to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new
stories in their lives.
Rivermont, a New Story School is currently
seeking a Special Education Teacher to
join our team. Autism Program Special Education Teachers play an
integral role in the success of our students. The position provides
academic instruction and mentors students in a team environment,
under the clinical supervision of a BCBA/BCaBA. Special Education
Teachers are responsible for overseeing the classroom team,
including the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their
classroom to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs
of the students.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team
to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff
within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in
higher order thinking, problem solving, and real world connections
for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students,
parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA
privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Virginia Department of Education License or License
- Three (3) years teaching experience working with children with
behavior/learning disorders is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Valid Virginia Drivers License is preferred
Eligible New Story School employees will receive:
- Medical and Prescription Plan
- Health Savings and Spending Accounts
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays, including paid days for
weather related closures
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information
about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience working with
children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC, Lynchburg , Special Education Teacher, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!