Systems Engineer 1
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc.
(NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to
the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to
support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities
and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision
manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial
nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250--employees, BWXT
has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In
addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at
more than--a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities.
Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com .--
BWXT is People Strong, Innovation Driven - be part of BWXT's
innovation hub. BWXT's Advanced Technologies (AT) researches,
designs, and develops innovative new nuclear reactors, nuclear
rocket propulsion systems, and radioisotope production systems for
both internal and external customers. AT is seeking a Systems
Engineer to join our team to assist in the development of these
systems. The successful candidate will provide the high-level
systems thinking necessary to bring together the contributions of a
cross-disciplinary development team. The primary responsibility is
to translate the expectations of customers and other stakeholders
into work products, including requirements and operational
concepts, that guide the development team to a successful solution.
The role requires the ability to maintain a top-down high-level
view of projects, and a multi-disciplined background in relevant
technologies. Duties will address all areas of Systems Design,
- Stakeholder and system requirements definition and
- Development of design architectures
- Technical risk management
- System integration activities Job Description/Duties:
- Collaborates with customers, regulators, and program managers
to develop top-level requirements which encompass the needs of all
- Defines the design deliverables necessary for successful
project execution with a team of engineers of varied
- Performs architectural design and requirements specification
for complex systems-of-systems.
- Works with engineers of varied disciplines to define system
- Understands and mitigates technical risks to ensure project
success. Job Qualifications/Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (e.g.
Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering)
from an ABET-accredited university is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and define complex
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer/client expectations
into clear, concise, verifiable requirements
- Must have general understanding of Systems Requirements,
Architecture, Interface Definition, and Design.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on the creation,
development, and presentation of technical briefings.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recognize and solve technical
- Must be a self-starter, capable of effectively working both as
part of a team and independently.
- Familiarity with standard MS Office applications is
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) clearance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a STEM discipline.
- Knowledge of International Council on Systems Engineering
(INCOSE) practices and handbooks.
- Knowledge of DOORs or other requirements management tools.
- Knowledge of Model Driven Architecture (MDA) / Model-Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience or knowledge of high temperature materials or space
- Experience or knowledge of nuclear reactors or radiochemical
systems. US Citizenship, with--no dual citizenship--is required for
this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S.
Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation, drug test and previous employment reference
verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the
concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Nuclear
Engineering, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Systems Engineer 1, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!