Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: February 23, 2021
HCA Healthcare is performing a system upgrade. During this time,
Corporate job openings will not be posted. We expect this upgrade
to be completed on Monday, February, 1st. We encourage you to apply
at that time. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve
your experience! work Full-time assignment_ind No Weekends
Category: Directors and Managers --- Job ID: 27750-012621GCNS Galen
College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing
college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education.
Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's
fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education
and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the
other. At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs
are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) As you consider joining
Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we
embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come
from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability
and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and
sustained through the development of all employees. We care about
each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed
expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and
grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing
education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience,
attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help
changes lives, we'd love to talk! Galen College of--Nursing is
looking for an Associate Dean to provide accountable leadership for
the academic programs, community, and hospital partnerships, and
serves as an integral member of the Campus management team. This
position will also ensure teaching excellence, faculty and student
engagement, and student success. Provide engaged leadership with
the development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous quality
improvement of campus educational programs. Assigned to program
administrator role for state boards of nursing or programmatic
accreditors, if needed. Responsibilities:-- 1. Outcomes
- Directs, leads, and supervises all academic aspects of the
branch campus or off campus instructional site.
- Ensures that students and graduates have achieved the student
learning outcomes, program outcomes, and role-specific graduate
- Facilitates faculty in the implementation of systematic plan
- Ensures that aggregated and trended evaluation findings are
used to inform decision making for the maintenance and improvement
of the student learning outcomes and program outcomes; shares these
findings with communities of interest.
- Assumes responsibility for the oversight of programmatic
accreditation; is vested with the administrative authority to
accomplish the program's mission, goals, and expected program
outcomes; and provides effective supervision and leadership for the
academic nursing unit to achieve its mission, goals, and expected
- Fosters an educational environment that supports the students,
graduates, and faculty in their pursuit of life-long learning.
- Provides leadership to ensure that students and graduates
achieve the student learning outcomes, program outcomes, and
role-specific graduate competencies. 2. Faculty
- Provides leadership to ensure that the number of full-time
faculty is sufficient to ensure that the student learning outcomes
and program outcomes are achieved within budgetary guidelines.
- Identifies the resources required for faculty (full- and
part-time) to maintain expertise in their areas of
- Ensures that faculty are academically prepared for the areas in
which they teach, maintain expertise in their areas of
responsibility, and that their performance reflects
scholarship--and evidence-based teaching and clinical practices.
Ensures that faculty (full- and part-time) are oriented and
mentored in their areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the systematic assessment of faculty (full- and
part-time) performance; develops a plan with the faculty when areas
for improvement are identified.
- Ensures that the number, utilization, and credentials of staff
and non-nurse faculty are sufficient to achieve the program goals
and outcomes, if applicable.
- Ensures that faculty engage in on-going development and receive
support for instructional and distance technologies.
- Screens, interviews, recommends faculty applicants prior to
hire to the Dean, and actively mentors' faculty in the Rank &
- Collaborates with faculty and the Dean to create and maintain
an environment conducive to teaching and learning, scholarship, and
service, including oversight of faculty assignments, scheduling,
- --Acts as a leadership role model who inspires a sense of
college community and motivates positive values in all
interactions. 3. Students
- Participates in the development of policies for nursing
students, ensuring that they are congruent with the College,
publicly accessible, and non-discriminatory.
- Ensures the appropriate application of student policies and the
correct implementation of related procedures by faculty.
- Identifies the resources required to provide student services
that are commensurate with the needs of nursing students, including
those receiving instruction using alternative methods of
- Ensures the implementation of policies and procedure that
allows program complaints and grievances to receive due process and
include evidence of resolution; implements strategies for
continuous improvement based on the evaluation of complaints and
- Ensures that orientation to technology is provided and that
technological support is available to students.
- Facilitates the faculty in their development of the curriculum
and its regular review to ensure integrity, rigor, and currency;
ensures that accreditation standards and criteria are used as they
relate to curriculum.
- Ensures that practice learning environments support the
achievement of student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Facilitates faculty to ensure that learning activities,
instructional materials, and evaluation methods are appropriate for
all delivery formats and consistent with the student learning
outcomes. 5. Resources
- Identifies fiscal, physical, and learning resources for the
achievement of the student learning outcomes and program
- Identifies the fiscal, physical, technological, and learning
resources required to meet the needs of the faculty and students
engaged in alternative methods of delivery. 6. Governance
- Participates in governance activities; ensures the availability
of representation by the program director(s) and faculty in
governance activities; ensures opportunities for student
representation in governance activities.
- Orients and mentors program leaders or support staff to their
- Maintains authority and shared responsibility with the Dean for
the development and administration of the nursing program.
- Works collaboratively to establish and maintain partnerships
that promote excellence in education, enhance the profession, and
benefit the community.
- Engages in the preparation and administration of the program
budget; ensures faculty input.
- Participates in the development of policies for nursing faculty
and staff to ensure that they are comprehensive and provide for the
welfare of faculty and staff.
- Creates and submits reports and documentation to appropriate
regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and State Boards of
- Orients and mentors the program director(s) to the role. 7.
- Conducts Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings
according to the committee description outlined in the Faculty
Handbook. Facilitates active participation from the committee
members (students, graduates, professional nurses, mid-level, and
senior level nursing administrators.
- Engages with members of the healthcare community to gain
insight about emerging nursing education and workforce needs.
- Engages with community and nursing leaders to build
collaborative relationships that help expand Galen's nursing
- Graduate Degree in Nursing, Doctorate preferred
- Nursing License in this state Physical/Mental Demands and Work
Environment: Position requires mental activity, reading, planning,
preparing, evaluating, and decision making. Physical demands in
classroom and office are minimal and considered sedentary work with
occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as records, files,
and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office
equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron,
and printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis. Physical demands
in the clinical area may include lifting, pulling, pushing,
kneeling, stooping, crouching and bending or any other related
activity. Outside Relationships: Clinical facilities, professional
organizations. Degree of Supervision: Minimal. Inclusivity:--I
foster an environment that provides opportunity for every
individual to reach their full potential. Character:--I act with
integrity and compassion in all I do. Accountability:--I own my
role and accept responsibility for my actions. Respect:--I value
every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of
consideration. Excellence:--I commit myself to the highest level of
quality in everything I do. We are Galen College of Nursing. Our
focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that
matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure
Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take
personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals.
Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association
of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award
Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in
nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by
the--Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the
associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation
Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete
information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit
our--website We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-- here . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
1. Get job notifications based
on your interests HCA Healthcare
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203 Copyright 1999-2020 C-HCA, Inc.; All rights
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lynchburg , Associate Dean, Other , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!