Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. H eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a Technical Integrator for
its Lynchburg, VA - Ramsey Place location! BWXT's Advanced
Technologies (AT) group designs and develops innovative new nuclear
reactors and radioisotope production systems, and develops data
science and advanced manufacturing techniques for leading-edge
applications. The Technical Integrator, working in close
coordination with the Program Manager, will lead a
multi-disciplinary technical team to perform product design,
product development, and manufacturing development. This role
requires a broad technical background in nuclear-related
technologies, a strong drive for results, and the ability to forge
effective working relationships with internal stakeholders,
customers, and partner organizations. Job Description/Duties:
- Serves as the technical interface with customer, other BWXT
divisions, and partner companies.
- Plans and organizes engineering tasks - scope, schedule, and
- Provides day-to-day direction to assigned engineers and works
with them to identify and implement solutions to technical
- Coordinates among the various technical disciplines and work
- Reviews engineering deliverables for overall technical adequacy
- Works closely with Engineering line management to ensure
appropriate resources are assigned and priorities are clear.
- Works closely with Project Management, Systems Engineering, and
Quality Assurance (QA) to identify technical and quality
- Works closely with Project Management over the lifecycle of the
project to ensure scope, schedule and budget requirements are
- Tracks changes (work scope changes, design changes, etc.) and
communicates to Project Management.
- Works closely with Project Management in the preparation of
work packages, also known as work authorizations, for assignment to
- Conducts kick-off meetings, design reviews, and periodic status
meetings with engineering personnel.
- Ensures inputs are available for task assignments.
- Provides periodic engineering and schedule updates to Project
Management, typically on a weekly basis.
- Prepares and presents materials regarding project status to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides on-call engineering consultation.
- Provides technical input for purchase requisitions for
equipment, materials, and services.
- Works with potential vendors and performs technical oversight
of vendor activities. Job Qualifications/Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Nuclear or
similar discipline) from an ABET-accredited university is
- A minimum of 7 years relevant engineering experience is
required. Preference given to candidates with a strong technical
- Prior experience with nuclear reactor equipment design and
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams,
direct the work of others, and collaborate effectively with partner
- Must have demonstrated ability to recognize and solve problems
and to recommend solutions for technical problems.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive working
relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
- Travel (20-30%) domestic and international is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of
design sprints and agile development sprints.
- Familiarity with basic project management principles (e.g.,
SPI, CPI). U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required
for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S.
citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation, drug test and previous employment reference
verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the
concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Quality Assurance,
Nuclear, QA, Engineering, Research, Technology, Energy,
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Technical Integrator, IT / Software / Systems , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!