Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. H eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a QC Programmer for its
Lynchburg, VA location! Job Description/Duties:
- Generates programs in visual basic, visual fortran, and .NET in
support of inspection of components.
- Generates and tests programs and develops documentation in
accordance with internal procedures.
- Creates and modifies programs in accordance with technical
drawings and procedures.
- Works in coordination with other programming personnel.
- Provides support to hourly inspection personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is
- Must possess at least two (2) years of experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in programming in
.NET is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities is
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly changing
environment is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) clearance. --------------------- U.S. Citizenship, with--no
dual citizenship--is required for this position.-- Applicants
selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no
dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of
Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive
criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and
previous employment reference verifications. BWXT supports
diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment
Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all
personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career
development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social
recreational programs are administered without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age,
disability or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Developer, Programmer, Computer Science, Security
Clearance, Nuclear, Technology, Government, Energy
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , QC Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!