Human Resources Intern
Company: Delta Star
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Delta Star is the largest, American-owned medium power
transformer manufacturer in the United States and the premier
manufacturer of mobile transformers and mobile power substations in
Delta Star provides power solutions for utilities across North
America. This includes the manufacturing of medium-power
transformers, mobile transformers, mobile electrical substations,
trailers, and united substations. We offer power transformers for
utility applications including power and distribution, transmission
voltages, systems ties, and automatic voltage regulations, as well
as industrial applications. Delta Star also provides comprehensive
engineering, testing, maintenance services, and parts for any
transformer manufacturer through our Field Service business unit,
ensuring our customer's transformers and mobiles maintain peak
The Human Resources Intern will oversee the research for multiple
projects including company handbook revisions, service award
programs, and performance review programs. This internship would
allow the student to gain experience work experience in human
resources. The Intern would work approximately 20 hours per
- Research state and federal laws to ensure handbook is up to
date for all locations (Virginia, California, and Quebec).
- Research and recommend updates to current handbook.
- Conduct research for other projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled in a 2- or 4-year program. (Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication skills (both written and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing
materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e.,
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status.PI229293786
Keywords: Delta Star, Lynchburg , Human Resources Intern, Human Resources , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!