Breakfast and Lunch Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: September 14, 2023
The Opportunity -Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching
for a seasonal Cook to join our team at Peaks of Otter Lodge in
Bedford, Virginia. - -Pay
Minimum pay rate: $17.00 / hourInformation on our comprehensive
benefits package can be found at .Benefits at Peaks of OtterEnjoy a
workplace with a view! Join our tight-knit team working together in
the beautiful setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains located along
Virginia''s famed Skyline Drive on the shore of Lake Abbott. With
easy access to hiking, tours, nature talks, and festivals, each day
inspires in special places like this!
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal
- Employee discounts - 30% off retail items
- Referral bonus - earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal
mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other
locations nationwideNote: Additional benefits including insurance
and vacation are available for eligible year-round positions at
other Delaware North propertiesResponsibilities -
- Follow supervisor''s assignments for opening and closing
procedures, as well as food production.
- Prepare food and beverage products for customers by following
recipe guidelines, using proper preparation techniques, and
- Set up and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Clean equipment properly according to correct procedures.
- Keep workstation clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level
of attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and take directions; work as a
- Basic math skills, with the ability to calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements -
- Ability to remain on feet for the entire length of shift; May
include walking up and down stairs.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, lifting, reaching &
stretching as the work duties demand.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and carry up to 50 pounds for set-up,
service, and clean-up.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders, and
communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Possible exposure from moderate to high environmental noise
levels during busy times.
- Exposed to variable temperatures.Who We Are -Peaks of Otter
Lodge is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of the region''s
top hiking destinations.At Delaware North, you'll love where you
work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Breakfast and Lunch Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Bedford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!