Lunch and Dinner Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: September 10, 2023
The Opportunity -
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring seasonal Cooks to join
our team at Peaks of Otter Lodge in Bedford, Virginia. As a Cook,
you will be responsible for preparing ingredients and guest orders,
communicate with serving staff, keep workspace clean through out
shift, and adhere to food preparation and food storage health and
safety guidelines. -PayMinimum pay rate: $17.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
Benefits at Peaks of OtterEnjoy a workplace with a view! Join our
tight-knit team working together in the beautiful setting of the
Blue Ridge Mountains located along Virginia''s famed Skyline Drive
on the shore of Lake Abbott. With easy access to hiking, tours,
nature talks, and festivals, each day inspires in special places
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal
- Employee discounts - 30% off retail items
- Referral bonus - earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal
mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other
locations nationwideNote: Additional benefits including insurance
and vacation are available for eligible year-round positions at
other Delaware North propertiesResponsibilities -
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications. - - - - - - - - -
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day
inventory, and other duties in accordance with company checklists
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on the
spoilage sheet.Qualifications -
- At least -1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house
food-service -position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements -
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety
of foods and liquids. -
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We Are
-Peaks of Otter Lodge is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of
the region''s top hiking destinations.At Delaware North, you'll
love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Lunch and Dinner Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Bedford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!