Dinner Saute Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
experienced seasonal Dinner Saute Cooks to join our team at Peaks
of Otter Lodge in Bedford, Virginia. As an experienced Cook, you
will be a visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the
management team to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen
team members, and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead
costs. This position does not begin until April 2023 Minimum pay
rate: $18.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesSome locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, local law. Responsibilities
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May lead the work of kitchen assistants in preparing, cooking,
and storing food, as well as in maintaining kitchen and storage
facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned. Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Who We Are
Peaks of Otter Lodge is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of
the region's top hiking destinations. At Delaware North, you'll
love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Dinner Saute Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...