Reber Thomas Dining Hall - Cook 2 - $13.50-16.50 - PM and Weekends
Company: Sodexo On-Site Dining Service Solutions- Liberty U
Posted on: November 20, 2022
*Nights and Weekends*
The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook,
and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various
meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and
Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
* Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader
* May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may
operate a grill station.
* Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
* Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required
by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
* Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
* Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
* Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
* Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks
production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
* May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
* Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range
of classical cooking techniques.
* May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive
inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals
for customers requiring special diets.
* Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food
items to be served to customers.
* Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
* 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
* Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
Skills/Aptitude: * Presents self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with
professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor
representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client
* Ability to use a computer.
* Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
* Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
* Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
* Applies some advanced cooking skills.
* May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques
to meet the requirements of the position.
* Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
General Qualifications: * Willingness to be open to learning and
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
Physical Requirements: * Close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or
without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location): * Generally in an indoor setting; however,
may supervise outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.50 - $16.50 per hour
* 1 year
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Lynchburg, VA 24502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Sodexo On-Site Dining Service Solutions- Liberty U, Lynchburg , Reber Thomas Dining Hall - Cook 2 - $13.50-16.50 - PM and Weekends, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!