Prep Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a
Prep Cook to join our team at Peaks of Otter Lodge in Bedford,
Virginia. Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour!Some locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, or local law. Prep Cooks start at $13.00 per hour! We offer
great perks for our eligible Peaks associates:--- $250 Sign-on
bonus (paid after 30 days) --- $5/workday bonus (paid on completion
of work agreement), max of 100 days --- FREE shift meal
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Completes daily prep lists.
- Properly measures, portions, and prepares all food items.
Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures.
- Communicates with chef for any special
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment
- Ability to follow instructions.Physical Requirements
- Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.Who We Are Peaks of Otter Lodge
is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of the region's top
hiking destinations. We offer all associates a free meal during
each shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you
work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting
venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or
premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Prep Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!