Dinner Saut- Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring for a
Dinner Saute Cook to join our team at Peaks of Otter Lodge in
Bedford, Virginia. As a Dinner Saute Cook, you will be a visible
leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management team to
deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen team members, and
monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead costs. Some locations
may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required
by federal, state, or local law. Dinner Saute' Cooks start at
$18.00 per hour! We offer great perks for our eligible Peaks
associates:--- $250 Sign-on bonus (paid after 30 days) ---
$5/workday bonus (paid on completion of work agreement), max of 100
days --- FREE shift meal Responsibilities
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.Qualifications
- At least 3 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Having a ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans, weighing up to 50
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We Are Peaks
of Otter Lodge is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of the
region's top hiking destinations. We offer all associates a free
meal during each shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where you
work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Dinner Saut- Cook, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!