Server, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
Servers to join our team at Peaks Of Otter Lodge in Bedford,
Virginia. As a Server, you will be the face of our restaurant and
play a critical role in providing excellent service to our guests.
Pay Rate: $7.90 per hour plus tips! Some locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, or local law Servers start at $7.90 per hour! We offer great
perks for our eligible Peaks associates: --- $250 Sign-on bonus
(paid after 30 days) --- $5/workday bonus (paid on completion of
work agreement), max of 100 days --- FREE shift meal
- Greet guests, provides menus, clearly communicates restaurant
specials, answers questions about menu items, collects food and
beverage orders, serves items ordered, and attends to guests' needs
throughout their visit.
- Accurately enter orders into the point-of-sale system so that
kitchen staff can prepare food and bar staff can prepare drinks, as
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification,
and adheres to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver the check to guests at the table, accept
and process the payment.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen and bar
- Perform opening, closing, cleaning, and side work duties, as
- Ensure all equipment and workspaces are clean, sanitized,
organized, and working properly.
- Works banquets as scheduled.
- Other duties as assisgned. Qualifications
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing is
- At least one year's experience as a server in a high-volume
environment is preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in a service or
hospitality environment preferred. Physical Requirements
- Ability to remain on feet for the entire length of shift; May
include walking up and down stairs.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, lifting, reaching &
stretching as the work duties demand.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and carry up to 50 pounds for set-up,
service, and clean-up.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders, prepare
checks, and communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Possible exposure from moderate to high environmental noise
levels during busy times. Who We Are Peaks of Otter Lodge is
located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of the region's top hiking
destinations. We offer all associates a free meal during each
shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us. Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Lynchburg , Server, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!