Registered Nurse, Full Time, Night shift
Company: Veritas Collaborative
Posted on: July 24, 2019
Friday, July 12, 2019
About Veritas Collaborative
Veritas Collaborative is a specialty healthcare system for the
eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of
we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization,
outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient's care
individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse
inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up
dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary
therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative
skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and
skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular
world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families
access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that's why we hire people who
our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found
it. If you
find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment,
you'll be happy
you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common
eating disorders are lethal, but they don't have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
Nature and Scope:
RN's provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and
their communities of support about relevant health conditions, and
provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family
members. They work as part of a team with physicians, ancillary
care providers, other nurses and healthcare professionals to
provide care, monitor health conditions, plan post-discharge
medical care needs, administer medicine and use medical
The Registered Nurse provides general nursing care to patients at
all levels of care within a facility, in accordance with all
organizational and regulatory standards
Registered Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
New Graduate RN or Experienced RN's
Must be able to practice in North Carolina or be North Carolina
Licensed RN with Successful completion of or Pending NCLEX
Prefer at least 2 years of clinical experience, however, New
Graduate RN's will be considered
Prefer experience in an inpatient setting
Experience with Eating Disorders or Mental Health preferred
Adolescent OR Adult patient population experience strongly
Exceptional professional boundaries
• Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
• Supervising Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Medical assistants
(MA), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's)
• Administering medications and other somatic treatments
• Consulting with other clinicians on treatment team in the care of
• Crafts nursing portion of the patient's treatment plan
• Operating medical equipment needed in the care of patients
• Obtaining, assessing and documenting vitals, blind weights, labs
• Obtains EKG's as ordered
• Placement and verification of NG tubes
• Administer tube feeds as ordered • Documents patient data and
services provided in accordance with organizational policy and
• Conducts initial nursing assessment for new patients
• Executes patient discharges, including education to patient and
• Attends staff meetings
• Participates and assists in meal support
• Participates in onboarding and training, in support of the
clinical philosophy handbook
• Implements initial or changes in medication, procedures and any
other provider orders
• Assist staff to interpret change in a positive manner.
• Assist staff to provide a safe work environment for patient
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of the annual goals
for the department.
• Keep professionally current, by attending continuing education
programs, seminars, workshops, meetings, and/or independent
• Consistently and independently follows established safety and
infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
• Comply with the standards of conduct and Corporate Responsibility
Program Meet or exceed expectations of individuals for whom service
• Perform other duties as assigned.
o Knowledge of nursing services
o Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
o Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex
o Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive
to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
o Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and
to prioritize scheduling of work
o Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely
o Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
o Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients,
physicians, or others in a professional manner
General Skills and Requirements:
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Complete annual education requirements.
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with
organizational and regulatory standard.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal
and local regulations.
• Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner
at all times.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding
ethical business practices.
• Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
• Occasional physical demands in context of patient care
• Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling
objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and
At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees
are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision,
Paid-Time Off and 401(k).
Keywords: Veritas Collaborative, Lynchburg , Registered Nurse, Full Time, Night shift, Healthcare , Durham, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!