Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care Specialist
Company: Medexpress Urgent Care
Posted on: November 4, 2018
General Position SummaryProvides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality primary and urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values.??MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.?Major Responsibilities
- All medically related functions performed by a Physician Assistant are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.?
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts.
- After consultation with the AP Program Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment. Works in collaboration with designated Physician(s).
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and with direct medical oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal.
- Performs procedures, including but not limited to: I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates,
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.?Working Relationships:Works autonomously, but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners, and other center staff as needed.? Associated topics: bilingual, clinic, family, family medicine, general practice, hospitalist, outpatient, physician, physician md, urgent care
Keywords: Medexpress Urgent Care, Lynchburg , Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care Specialist, Healthcare , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!