Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for helping individuals maintain, restore, and improve
movement, activity, and function, thereby enabling optimal
performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life.
Physical therapy is provided under a physician approved plan of
care and directed and supervised by a Physical Therapist.
- Provides physical therapy services and interventions under the
direction and supervision of a Physical Therapist and in accordance
with the physician approved plan of care.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to APTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient's response to
treatment and any change in the patient's condition to the
supervising PT, physician, and other appropriate clinical
- Provides resources for future needs and promotes wellness and
- Supervised by the Physical Therapist in accordance with
applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Performs skilled interventions and related tasks selected and
assigned by the supervising Physical Therapist, consistent with the
plan of care.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the
patient's medical record.
- Monitors and documents the patient's response to physical
therapy intervention. Communicates responses to the supervising
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and
OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the
physical therapist-client relationship.
- Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with
the agency that admitted the patient and utilizes other agency care
providers to assist with referrals to community resources.
- Keeps abreast of physical therapy trends and knowledge for the
service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a physical therapy
assistant specific to that state the employee is assigned to work
by the Company.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy assistant
educational program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of
Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- One (1+) year related physical therapy experience for PTAs
entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are
sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from
regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring
and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Lynchburg , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!