Registered Nurse-Operating Rm
Posted on: January 7, 2021
OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic
and therapy care, is currently seeking full-time, experienced
Operating Room Registered Nurses to join our team! Along with a
collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding
employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent
medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a
generous 401k incentive plan, profit sharing, short-term and
long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide
The Operating Room Registered Nurse provides nursing care to the
patient during the intraoperative phase, performs nursing
activities in the operating room where the circulating nurse is the
patient's advocate, and answers patient needs by assisting the
physician and person responsible for anesthesia care.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and staff to provide
effective case management.
- Supervises and directs patient care in a single operating
- Organizes nursing activities efficiently and effectively
delegating activities appropriate to the abilities of available
- Assists with supply, drug, and equipment inventories to
maintain stock level and availability.
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room
with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient
- Identifies the patient and correct surgical intervention
according to Facility policy and communicates with all surgical
- Reviews the patient's medical record and needs to plan care
with other health care team members.
- Provides comfort and reassurance to the patient; maintains
patient's privacy and dignity.
- Explains intraoperative phase routine procedures and care to
- Performs the circulating nurse's functions adhering to approved
operating room procedures for the scheduled procedure.
- Prepares operating room according to the procedure to be
performed and patient needs.
- Anticipates needs of the surgical team; assists anesthesia
staff by supporting the patient during administration of
- Provides continuity of patient care by communicating with other
preoperative care personnel and documenting records
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient
- Documents patient care records and other forms accurately
according to facility policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within OR Nursing
- Knowledge and experience in the preoperative care of surgical
- Knowledge of specialized equipment used in the OR
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to respond effectively to emergencies, actual events or
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Nursing License
- CPR Certification
- 2+ years Operating Room experience required
- Orthopedic experience highly preferred
- Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens; frequent exposure
to chemical hazards; may encounter radiation hazards
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and
demands of the position
Pre-Employment background check, drug screen and TB test required
for all new hires.
Keywords: OrthoVirginia, Lynchburg , Registered Nurse-Operating Rm, Healthcare , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!