Systems Engineering Manager
Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Job Title: Systems Engineering Manager Job Code:
CS20221411-93451 Job Location: USA - Lynchburg - VA Essential
- Responsible for the management of implementation chief
engineering resources and overall technical ownership of all Land
Mobile Radio wireless communications systems for Public Safety,
Transportation, Utility Customers and Department of Defense
- The manager has a complete technical view of the of projects,
assigns chief engineers to projects, strategically works with cross
functional groups within and outside the business.
- This position ensures that all active projects are adequately
staffed, business goals are communicated, program strategies
defined and implemented effectively, oversee the logical and
systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into
total systems and subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical,
schedule and cost constraints.
- This role assumes complete oversight and strategic
implementation after contract award including final design and
equipment selection, implementation and as-built documentation,
factory and on-site installation and system optimization through
assignment of projects to appropriate engineers.
- Responsible for resource management, performance reviews, first
level of escalation, and technical design approval.
- Overall view of project execution to meet contractual
- Lead technical engineering functions for the development of
design documentation to include application descriptions, interface
control documents, system design drawings, system integration, IP
network configuration, and test plans in accordance with
contractual requirements deliverables.
- This role requires frequent discussions with lead engineers,
program managers, customers, consultants, vendors, subcontractors
and other L3Harris personnel as necessary during project
lifecycles. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM function and minimum 9 years prior
related experience or a Graduate Degree in a STEM function with a
minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Land Mobile Radio wireless communications
- Ability to successfully interact with chief engineers,
customers, program managers, product owners, product developers,
vendors and other engineering groups as well as accept project
- Ability to support project implementation within the assigned
scope, cost, and schedule.
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Lynchburg , Systems Engineering Manager, Executive , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!