Director Critical Care
Company: Centra Medical Group
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Centra Medical Groupis searching for a medical director to help
lead the Critical Care Service Line. The service line encompasses
all critical care locations throughout Centra supported by a dyad
leadership structure to lead all aspects of strategic planning and
execution, financial performance, workforce staffing and engagement
and QI initiatives. All initiatives, tactics and implementation
plans are developed through collaboration with and contribution
from the medical and administrative directors as well as nursing
and administrative leadership.
Job Responsibilitiesare broken into the categories below.
- Develop and maintain key quality improvement measures for the
service line such as ICU Liberation and hospital acquired
- Collaborate with nursing, PT, pharmacy and RT to develop
multidisciplinary improvement projects
- Help staff and run Post-ICU clinic and Post ICU Survivor
- Partner with nursing leadership to facilitate FCCS and
- Develop and update clinical pathways and order-sets as
- Serve as point of contact for any patient, safety or quality
concerns for the service line
- Liaise with providers of other service lines such as ER,
trauma, and anesthesia
- Actively lead efforts to recruit physician and APPs to staff
- Collaborate with physician services to develop/negotiate
contracts and compensation models and communicate with prospective
providers. Liaise with provider services to address contractual
questions and concerns.
- Develop and monitor provider incentive metrics
- Lead negotiations with non-CMG groups such as locums companies
or private entities such as Lynchburg Pulmonary Associates for
- Oversee the development of an equitable call calendar
- Assist with development of criteria for privileges and FPPE
- Mentor and coach caregivers in service line, providing feedback
and performance management as appropriate. Develop and monitor
performance improvement plans. Recommend provider contract
terminations or non-renewals as applicable.
- Lead collaboration efforts across teams and cultivate positive
culture in service line
- Assist with measures to minimize burnout and develop the
- Participate or appoint delegates for key roles in system
including but not limited to sepsis council, CAUTI and CLABSI
committees, trauma, stroke, Covid task force, and resuscitation
- Represent Critical Care on the Acute Care Service Line
Committee as well as service line sub-committees as needed
- Coordinate care across the ICUs throughout Centra including
Southside and Bedford
- Determine future expansion of service line services and
- Set strategic goals for the service line in alignment with
- Development implementation and tactical plans to facilitate
execution of goals.
- Attend finance committees and assist with development and
management of service line budgets. Speak to variances and manage
provider facing communication related to financial and budget
- Assist with monitoring and improvement initiatives to optimize
productivity and financial performance.
Our Health System:
Centra Health is a nationally recognized healthcare system
encompassing four hospitals, regional medical centers, and more
than 60 primary care/specialty practices. Centra fosters a vibrant,
collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician
satisfactionall reflected in our high employee retention rate and
long staff tenure.
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city
known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. Its big
enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service,
yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates.
Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in
Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and
coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities,
mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad
range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts
community, and temperate weather.
Keywords: Centra Medical Group, Lynchburg , Director Critical Care, Executive , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!