Company: Liberty University
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Posting Number S03096P Classification Title Benefited Salary
Position Type Staff Disclaimer
Liberty University's hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the "religion" component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Position Title Resident Director Does this position require
driving? Yes Contact Contact Phone Ext Contact Email Job
Resident Directors mentor and assist Resident Assistants while
maintaining the residential facilities and promoting biblical
community, diversity, leadership development, and spiritual growth
among on-campus students in the residence halls to which they are
assigned. Resident Directors live on campus, in residence hall
apartments, and provide 24/7 on-call responses to the halls they
oversee for student behavioral and crisis situations. Additionally,
they monitor the maintenance, custodial and communication needs of
those residence halls. The Resident Director works collaboratively
with the other Resident Directors in the Office of Residence Life
to assist with student development and programming initiatives.
Resident Directors provide staffing for the following academic
breaks: Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Easter break.
Resident Directors also serve on a weekly rotating basis as the
campus wide On-Call Resident Director throughout the academic
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Supervise Resident Assistants
* Develop and deliver comprehensive and effective recruitment,
retention, training, and performance management programs for
* Supervise assigned team of 6-12 Resident Assistants in the design
and implementation of social, cultural and educational programs in
the residence halls.
* Facilitate a weekly RA Group with team of assigned Resident
Assistants, and meet bi-weekly with each assigned individual
Resident Assistant for discipleship and mentorship purposes.
* Develop Students
* Supervise the overall operation of a residential area, including
organizational planning, community development, and day-to-day
management of that area.
* Oversee the Liberty Way process in collaboration with the Office
of Community Life.
* Provide 24/7 crisis responses as needed for student issues such
as mental health, physical health, safety and security, student
conflict, or facilities emergencies, and ensure appropriate
* Work proactively with students, family members and other
constituents to quickly and effectively resolve issues including,
but not limited to, student development, judicial affairs, housing,
and student health and wellness.
* Lead a bi-weekly Converge Leadership Program small group.
* Facilitate Housing Processes
* Assist in the coordination and implementation of housing
procedures, including room changes, room selection, move-in and
* Inspect the residence halls for any fire or safety hazards and
conduct 2 fire drills per semester.
* Supervise the opening & closing of residence halls.
* Report any damage to the residence halls and collect
documentation for assessment of damage charges to students.
* Communicate effectively with coworkers, parents and students
* Remain abreast of existing and emerging technologies, processes,
products, services and leading industry performance benchmarks as
it pertains to Student Affairs
* Work effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU's
7. Other duties as assigned.
a. Completed bachelor's degree and pursuit of master's
a. 1-2 years of student or peer development experience
b. Prior experience with group participation and/or
a. Master's Degree complete - preferably in student development,
religion, counseling, or related field
a. 1-2 years of experience in higher education student
b. Prior experience with group leadership and facilitation
Keywords: Liberty University, Lynchburg , Resident Director, Executive , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!