Director of Talent Acquisition and Integration
Company: Intercept Youth Services
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Intercept Health is a family owned, state-wide agency,
headquartered in Richmond, with additional office sites in Roanoke,
Staunton, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Rocky Mount, Wytheville,
Danville, Radford, Stafford, Chesapeake, Chester, and Henrico.
Started as a single group home provider in 1996, Intercept's
primary goal at that time was to "redefine the group home
experience." As the needs of families and communities changed,
Intercept responded with the development of the LifeBridge
Continuum of Care. Now in our 25th year, Intercept Health continues
to evolve through collaboration with community partners to create
innovative services. Today, Intercept's 650 staff offering more
than thirty services to meet the unique needs of youth and their
families throughout Virginia.
For more information about Intercept Health, visit our website at
www.intercepthealth.com. We also encourage you to ask us about our
Vision, Mission, and Values! Review the Intercept Health Culture at
Our team members must exhibit our VALUES - STOP & ASK as described
- Service Excellence - "WOW" clients, customers, and
- Team Loyalty - help others succeed.
- Ownership - "see it, own it, solve it, do it."
- Passion - inspire with positive energy and effort.
- Authenticity - be genuine and trustworthy.
- Solution Focused - overcome challenges with
- Kindness - smile, encourage, and respect everyone.
Who you are:
The Director, Talent Acquisition and Integration will be a visible,
proactive problem-solver who is excellent at organizing, effective
at building strong relationships and influencing at all levels
across the organization. The Director will be both strategic and
execute with great thoughtfulness and attention to detail of the
function. The role will be responsible for cultivating a culture of
excellence and developing clear objectives for talent acquisition
strategies and integration experiences. The Director will drive
many key initiatives for our people programs, processes and
partnerships that are robust, automated, scalable, and repeatable,
all within a supportive, reliably transparent environment. Measures
of success include a high level of diverse and successful recruits,
positive employee and candidate experiences, strong talent
retention, and solid administration of the function.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the full recruitment and selection life cycle, including
candidate sourcing, screening, selection, offers and
- Partner with hiring managers in developing talent strategies to
recruit highly qualified, diverse talent.
- Develop a pipeline of talent who have deep commitment to
equitable outcomes for underserved communities, in alignment with
Intercept Health vision, mission and values.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and
- Support development of marketing and outreach to effectively
articulate our employment brand.
- Leverage social media, job boards, Internet sourcing, and other
technical means to execute an effective recruitment and selection
- Cultivate and manage a high-quality candidate selection
experience, inclusive of counseling candidates on benefits, salary,
and organizational environment.
Team Leadership and Learning Development
- Build partnerships with all levels of staff from individuals to
teams to executive leadership.
- Coach directors, hiring managers and recruiters on best
practices to improve the candidate experience and evaluate and
serve as an advocate for the candidate experience at every step of
the recruiting and integration process.
- Collaborate with the Training Coordinator and Human Resources
to create further training as needed.
- Build, supervise and provide development and strategic support
to team of 1-2 talent liaisons.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers to inform workforce
planning and role forecasting, leveraging field research and talent
- Prepare and analyze talent acquisition metrics, providing
reports that support decision making and process improvement on
talent acquisition strategy, integration strategy and engagement,
and staff retention.
- In collaboration with Human Resources,
- Develop and operationalize an end-to-end orientation and
integration process, ensuring it is engaging, mission-centric,
effective and includes tactics for remote engagement.
- Monitor new hire onboarding surveys/data collection and
recommend process improvements to the new employee experience.
- Review position descriptions for each job posting that
accurately reflects the work being performed.
- Oversee accurate and well-ordered documentation and record
keeping on all candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions,
interviews, and other recruiting activities.
- Manage an accurate, effective applicant tracking system (ATS)
and provide training and support to hiring managers on the
- Ensure compliance with company policy and local, state, or
federal law, and including Affirmative Action Plan goals and
Engagement and Partnerships
- Identify, develop, and execute a diversified sourcing strategy
- Colleges and Universities
- Internal Employee Referral Program
- Community-based conferences and job fairs
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Values Driven: Must exhibit Intercept Health Values - STOP &
ASK - at all times and have a passion for those we serve.
Excitement about the values and mission of our company, and the
ability to inspire others to feel the same.
- Experience: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related experience
as a talent acquisition leader with significant autonomy and scope
of responsibility preferred. A combination of other education,
experience and leadership experience may be considered in lieu of a
- Leadership Skills: Lead the team focused on building deep
relationships with critical stakeholders, both internally and
externally. Must be able to have some fun while leading in a
fast-paced, high-energy culture.
- Organizational Skills: Highly organized and detail-oriented
with exceptional time management skills. Self-starter with the
ability to juggle competing priorities and lead projects across
multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication
skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a
variety of internal and external stakeholders in diverse settings
plus the confidence to assert your vision.
- Analytical Skills: Strong technical and analytical skills,
including ability to analyze and interpret data and identify
trends. Experience using ATS/CRM software in a recruitment focused
role. Proficiency in most common recruiting platforms (e.g.,
LinkedIn Recruiter) and the ability to create and implement new
- Partnership Skills: A flexible and collaborative work style
that is successful working at both the strategic and operational
levels and focused on working to identify compromises and creative
solutions. Knowledge of the external talent landscape and the
various means of engaging (e.g., external partners, conferences,
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement: Flexible, adaptable, and
able to reflect and iterate on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated Commitment to DEI: Has a track record of making
commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion in practical,
tangible, and result-oriented ways. Demonstrates a willingness to
learn about research-based tools and strategies to further
Intercept Health's commitment to equitable and antiracist
- Healthcare Experience: Experience working or volunteering
directly in a healthcare related industry preferred.
Keywords: Intercept Youth Services, Lynchburg , Director of Talent Acquisition and Integration, Executive , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!