Posted on: August 13, 2019
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what youre
searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your
enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserves position as the global
standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are
inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control
to make the world better for everyone!
Increase business by providing world class customer support with
technical and commercial information and by providing timely
responses to RFQs. Provide technical expertise and support
regarding valve automation products including electric actuators,
gearboxes, network systems, and multi-turn pneumatic actuators.
Provide commercial expertise regarding terms of contracts, lead
times, Inspection and Test Plans and other non-material order
requirements. Understand actuator requirements for specific
industry sectors such as Oil and Gas, Water, and Power. Apply
thoroughly sound engineering practices to successfully gain
customer trust and win orders over the competition. Additional
responsibilities include but are not limited to general problem
solving as it relates to automation orders.
While under the general direction of the Commercial Operations
Manager, with defined departmental objectives and goals, this
position must be capable of working independently in the execution
of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide quotations to assigned customers that are accurate and
- Develop the ability to provide quotes to all industries.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and drawings with
high level of accuracy.
- Select actuators and associated items that provide the best
customer solution, considering price, lead time, and
- Develop selling price from system cost.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations, sales, quality,
product management, and finance to resolve customer issues.
- Ensure that all activities adhere to export compliance
- Follow Terms and Conditions guidelines.
- Prepare SAP (Sales Approval Process) documents where
- Prepare OTF (order transfer file) where necessary.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and improve quality, safety and environmental
- Optimize operations by managing and executing to customer
- Correctly identify and apply QA process and procedures to meet
- Partner with representative sales team and leadership to
support bookings growth.
- Correctly apply applicable industry standards in product
- Effectively determine market and industry trends, competitive
landscape, and customer activity, and present that information to
- Have a working knowledge of national/international code
requirements, ie, ISO, DIN, BS, AS, ASME, ASTM, NACE, EN, ISA,
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Bachelors
Degree in Business Administration with 6 years of equivalent
- Background in Engineering preferred
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with ERP systems
- Excellent analytical abilities, as well as communication,
organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proactive and collaborative approach to identifying and
- Must be a detail oriented individual.
- Must be able to work in a challenging team environment and have
the ability to set priorities.
- Automation, Actuation & Valve related experience highly
- Experience in oil & gas, chemical, power and petro-chemical
- International experience a plus
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 46819BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a
reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve, Lynchburg , Applications Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!