Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At BWX Technologies,
Inc. -(NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven.
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., -BWXT -provides safe and effective
nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy,
environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration.
With -approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating
sites in the U.S. and Canada. -We are the sole manufacturer of
naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers.
Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services
and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four
continents. Our -joint ventures provide environmental remediation
and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S.
Department of Energy and -NASA facilities. BWXT's technology is
driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North
America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at -
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking an Instrumentation and
Controls (I&C) Engineer for its Advanced Technologies location
in Lynchburg, VA! BWXT is People Strong, Innovation Driven - be
part of BWXT's innovation hub. BWXT's Advanced Technologies (AT)
group researches, designs, and develops innovative new nuclear
reactors, nuclear rocket propulsion systems, and radioisotope
production systems for both internal and external customers. We
have an immediate opening for an -Instrumentation and Controls
(I&C) Engineer. -If you are looking for a career where your
experience is valued, innovative thinking is fostered, and
barrier-free teamwork is embraced every day, then this opportunity
is for you. Relocation benefits are available for this position. -
Job Description / Duties:
- Develop functional specifications and follow the BWXT
established change management processes.
- Lead and assist in the development and qualification of
advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Create design models and detailed drawings using Solidworks CAD
software and other design methods.
- Lead and coordinate activities with customers, internal and
external suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in debugging issues and troubleshooting of problems
arising in existing equipment.
- Assess functionality of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Assist with the design, setup, development, programming,
testing, and implementation of control systems used for
first-of-a-kind manufacturing operations and products.
- Support manufacturing operations and manufacturing engineering
as the technical lead and subject matter expert for I&C across
- Provide engineering support involving assembly, testing and
inspection of electromechanical components and systems.
- Support assembling prototype and production equipment.
- Write manufacturing/assembly plans, procedures, and
- Assist with testing/qualification reports.
- Support procurement efforts of I&C equipment.
- Provide other engineering and manufacturing support tasks as
required. Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (e.g. Manufacturing
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering related
disciplines) is required.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of related
- Must have knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly,
- General knowledge of project engineering activities (task
plans, schedules, etc.) is required.
- Hands-on manufacturing experience for industrial equipment and
familiarity with both traditional and advanced manufacturing
methods is required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate with teams of
technical people and have strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports
and presentations is required.
- Must have knowledge of relevant codes and standards.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to develop
effective relationships with internal and external customers and
- Experience with manufacturing for nuclear reactor applications
is desired, but not required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance, whichever
is required. As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies,
Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities ("BWXT"
or the "Company") complies with all federal, state, and local laws
and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and
safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to
adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the
workplace as a condition of employment. Applicants selected will be
subject to a Federal background investigation -and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual
citizenship) -ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy
(DOE) security clearance -which involves an extensive criminal and
financial background investigation, -drug test -and previous
employment reference verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is
committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have
established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Instrumentation, Defense, DoD,
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Government
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!