Electrical Design Group Engineering Supervisors - Lynchburg, TN
Company: BCP ENGINEERS & CONSULTANTS
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Electrical Design Group Engineering Supervisors - Lynchburg,
TNDuration: Long Term / Direct
Salary Range: Not Defined / need Candidate's requested salaryKey
Strategic orientation, Results oriented, Develop Talent, Building
Networks, Customer Orientation, Leading change, Flexibility,
- Background in PCB Design
- Reading, understanding, creating electrical system drawing,
schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Writing and performing test procedure
- Requirements managementJob Summary:The Engineering Supervisor
provides daily front-line supervision and technical support for a
team of engineers, technical specialists, aides, interns,
contractors, and support staff in a specific engineering and/or
technical specialty or function. The scope of work typically
includes planning and scheduling work, supervising workflow,
adhering to budgets, supervising the execution of engineering
and/or technical processes, reviewing work progress, providing
updates to management and key stakeholders, and providing input to
and/or conducting staff performance appraisals. The scope of work
may also include providing leadership and direction to subordinate
engineering and/or technical staff, and providing advanced
technical support while guiding and reviewing the work of
engineering and/or technical personnel and support staffPrimary
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds an effective and collaborative team spirit.
- Develops team through training, mentoring, feedback, and work
- Ensures effective performance of engineering assignments.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of engineering
activities, as assigned.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with
established policies, objectives, and customer standards.
- Ensures adherence to government, organization, and customer
engineering standards and procedures. Maintains a healthy technical
conscience within team.
- Monitors goals, objectives, and standards of performance for
assigned team members.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods, and
improvements. Supports Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Works with the Unit Manager and Sales Team to develop scope and
provide inputs to proposals.
- Collaborates with all levels of leadership within the
Engineering organization to function as one team.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as requiredRequired
Education and Certifications / Licenses:
- BS in Engineering / Engineering Technology + 7 years of
engineering experienceAn advanced degree may be substituted for
related exp. (MBA/MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1- 3 yrs.)
PE license will be accepted in lieu of 4 yr Engineering
degree.Desired Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of related engineering and technical
standards, techniques, and criteria; demonstrated leadership
ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates,
other work groups, and suppliers
- Interacts effectively with all levels of staff and
- Can change priorities quickly, confront issues directly, and
work well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to comprehend and convey detailed and often complex
technical data clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification and
problem resolution skills. including the effective use of available
OpEx processes, methods, and tools (e.g., 8D, A3, 5S, VSM, FMEA,
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and SAP.
Keywords: BCP ENGINEERS & CONSULTANTS, Lynchburg , Electrical Design Group Engineering Supervisors - Lynchburg, TN, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...