Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At BWX Technologies,
Inc. -(NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven.
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., -BWXT -provides safe and effective
nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy,
environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration.
With -approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating
sites in the U.S. and Canada. -We are the sole manufacturer of
naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers.
Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services
and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four
continents. Our -joint ventures provide environmental remediation
and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S.
Department of Energy and -NASA facilities. BWXT's technology is
driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North
America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
-www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a Welding Engineer -for
its Lynchburg, VA location! The Welding Engineer provides -support
for fabrication of nuclear components. Job Description/Duties:
- Provides Welding Engineering support to shop floor fabrication
operations. This includes -preparations for upcoming operations,
resolution of daily fabrication issues, and generation of process
- Selects welding methods, develops -parameters, demonstrates
-mockups, and completes qualifications.
- Programs -CNC welding machines.
- Prepares -welding procedures, drawings, and electronic shop
floor routing documents.
- Prepares -customer submittals to transmit information and
plans, gains approvals, and authorizes repairs to deviated
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Welding Engineering or
Materials Joining from an -ABET-accredited university is
- CAD, Excel, and CNC programming computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities is
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship. As a federal
government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries,
affiliates and related entities ("BWXT" or the "Company") complies
with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements
regarding COVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such,
all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company
COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of
employment. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation -and must meet eligibility requirements
for access to classified information or matter. Position requires
U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) -ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance -which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation, -drug test -and previous employment reference
verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the
concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Welding, Nuclear, QA,
Environmental Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing, Energy,
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Welding Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!