Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At BWX Technologies,
Inc. -(NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven.
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., -BWXT -provides safe and effective
nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy,
environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration.
With -approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating
sites in the U.S. and Canada. -We are the sole manufacturer of
naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers.
Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services
and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four
continents. Our -joint ventures provide environmental remediation
and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S.
Department of Energy and -NASA facilities. BWXT's technology is
driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North
America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
-www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a Process Engineer for
its Lynchburg, VA location! The Process Engineer is responsible for
the development and qualification of processes for the fabrication
of LEU fuel assemblies for Research Test Reactor programs. The
Process Engineer will provide technical oversight and project
management for the entire deployment cycle. Job
- Provides technical leadership to process development and/or
process improvement projects.
- Performs vendor selection and acquisition of equipment for
- Provides engineering oversight to equipment design, build, and
- Leads project interface to all stakeholder groups (safety,
licensing, operations, industrial engineering, vendors, etc.)
- Creates schedules, estimates, and project plans for each
- Creates facility layouts, P&IDs, and process flow diagrams
as applicable to the project.
- Provides technical support to fixture designs and tooling
associated with the equipment.
- Creates operational procedures, performs start-up testing, and
trains and qualifies operations personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing,
or Systems Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is
required. However, internal candidates with a Physics Degree who
are already on the Engineering Ladder are also eligible.
- Must possess at least two (2) years of experience in a
- Must have demonstrable skills and knowledge in deployment of
equipment projects or troubleshooting manufacturing processes.
- Must possess proven ability in estimating and scheduling
projects, using Microsoft Office tools, risk planning and
management, and development of manufacturing processes.
- Previous experience with MS Project or Primavera project
management tools is desired.
- Previous experience using CAD software, preferably SOLID Edge
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) clearance. As a federal government contractor, BWX
Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related
entities ("BWXT" or the "Company") complies with all federal,
state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19
and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires
will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19
requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background
investigation -and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information or matter. Position requires U.S.
citizenship with (no dual citizenship) -ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance -which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation, -drug test -and previous employment reference
verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the
concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Facilities, Nuclear Physics,
Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Operations,
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Process Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!