Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At BWX Technologies,
Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. H
eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective
nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy,
environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration.
With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating
sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval
nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our
company supplies precision manufactured components, services and
fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four
continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation
and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S.
Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's technology is
driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North
America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a Project Engineer for its
Lynchburg, VA - Ramsey Place location! BWXT is People Strong,
Innovation Driven - be part of BWXT's innovation hub. BWXT's
Advanced Technologies (AT) researches, designs, and develops
innovative new nuclear reactors, nuclear rocket propulsion systems,
and radioisotope production systems for both internal and external
customers. AT is seeking a Project Engineer -to join our team. Job
- Supports Project Manager in the management, planning,
scheduling and control of project work.
- Coordinates, documents, and manages work authorizations and
procurement activities associated with projects and associated
tools and materials.
- Provides technical and organizational support for projects
including documentation, specification review, coordination of
design and procurement activities, and procedure preparations.
- Interfaces with Finance and Engineering to support project
- Works with potential vendors and performs technical oversight
of vendor activities.
- Leads design activities and managing design deliverables.
- Ensures client satisfaction and working closely with the
client's technical, administrative, and management team.
- Coordinates engineering disciplines and vendor interfaces.
- Manages project resources, managing technical changes and
expediting scheduled activities.
- Prepares engineering estimates based on customer RFQ's and
other technical documents. Prepare technical write-ups to support
- Prepares technical specifications.
- Participates actively in process improvement initiatives. Job
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited
university is required.
- Must possess 2 years of engineering or industry
- Prior experience with manufacturing a plus.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills and
the ability to effectively work with others.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Scheduling Software (e.g.
MS Office, Primavera, MS Project).
- Travel (0-10%) domestic and international is required.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance, whichever
is required. As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies,
Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities ("BWXT"
or the "Company") complies with all federal, state, and local laws
and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 safety protocols,
including, but not limited to, any applicable COVID-19 vaccination
and/or testing requirements. In accordance with current and
anticipated federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination requirements,
BWXT has implemented a policy that all U.S. employees, including
new hires, will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
by December 8, 2021 for those under a current federal contract
mandate, and January 3, 2022 for all others. This means that any
existing BWXT employees and new hires, whether working at a
customer site, working remotely, or working in a BWXT facility,
will be required to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements and
will be required to show proof of vaccination as a condition of
employment. Requests for a reasonable accommodation will be
reviewed and assessed pursuant to applicable law and Company
policy. Please speak with your BWXT Talent Acquisition
Representative to determine which deadline will apply to the work
location assigned to the job you are seeking and whether you can
satisfy this condition of employment. BWXT supports diversity and
is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We
have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions
such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer,
Nuclear Engineering, Compliance, Engineering, Legal
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Project Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!