Lead Test Engineer
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: April 1, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc.--(NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va.,--BWXT--provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With--approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada.--We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our--joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and--NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more
at--www.bwxt.com . BWXT is currently seeking a Lead Test Engineer
for its Lynchburg, VA - Ramsey Place location! BWXT is seeking an
experienced Lead Test Engineer for our Advanced Technologies (AT)
office in Lynchburg, VA. BWXT's AT group designs and develops
innovative new nuclear reactors, medical radioisotope production
systems, and develops data science and advanced manufacturing
techniques for leading-edge applications. The ideal candidate would
have previous experience with planning and executing test programs
that help prove out concepts as well as provide verification for
final design. This position will report administratively to the
Manager of Test Engineering. The Lead Test Engineer will have the
opportunity to work on a wide variety of testing programs,
including medical radioisotope production systems, flow testing of
nuclear components, mechanical system testing, materials testing,
etc. The Lead Test Engineer, working closely with other Research
and Engineering groups, will lead a team of test engineers to
develop test plans; design, build, and operate test equipment;
conduct tests; analyze and interpret test results; and prepare
related documentation for products, systems, and components. Job
- Lead testing programs during all phases of the design process,
including technical oversight of assigned test engineers.
- Develop test plans to address testing requirements provided by
a requesting organization. Test plans include test equipment
concept, procedures, cost estimate, etc.
- Coordinate with the requesting organizations to ensure the
planned testing will meet their needs.
- Support Engineering in the design of test equipment.
- Support the build of test setups (test stands/test rigs) in
coordination with Operations group and perform commissioning (test
- Perform testing, in coordination with Operations group. Ensure
operational discipline is maintained by operators and test
engineers and that testing is executed per plan and in a safe
- Analyze test data and evaluate if the executed tests met the
- Prepare test reports.
- Make presentations to internal and external stakeholders. Job
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Nuclear,
Electrical or similar discipline) from an ABET-accredited
university is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in engineering
- A inimum of five (5) years of work experience related to
- Must have experience with disciplined operations.
- Must possess a technical background in engineering design.
- Must have experience working with and coordinating well with
multiple intercompany organizations.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to self-direct with minimal day-to-day
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance, whichever
is required. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with the design and/or operation of fluid systems
and instrumentation and control for nuclear applications.
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems and
- Hands on experience with building and operating of test setups
- Active DOD or DOE Security Clearance. Applicants selected will
be subject to a Federal background investigation--and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual
citizenship)--ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy
(DOE) security clearance--which involves an extensive criminal and
financial background investigation,--drug test--and previous
employment reference verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is
committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have
established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Nuclear
Engineering, Test Engineer, Engineering
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Lynchburg , Lead Test Engineer, Engineering , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!