Associate Director of Marketing
Company: Liberty University
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Posting Number S03265P Classification Title Benefited Salary
Position Type Staff Disclaimer
Liberty University's hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the "religion" component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Position Title Associate Director of Marketing Does this position
require driving? Yes Contact Contact Phone Ext Contact Email Job
The Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for all
marketing content for Campus Recreation. This position is
responsible for marketing Campus Recreation facilities and programs
to students, faculty and staff. These departments include Campus
Recreation Admin., Recreation Facilities, Montview Recreation,
Outdoor Recreation, Intramural Sports, Liberty Mountain Equestrian
Center, Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre, and Liberty Mountain Gun
Club. This position is responsible for leading professional, part
time and student employees.
* Provide direct oversight of the Campus Recreation Marketing
Coordinators, including training, developing, and evaluating.
* Provide leadership for Campus Recreation marketing, indirectly
overseeing the marketing part time and student employees through
monitoring hiring, training, developing, and evaluating.
* Regularly coordinate with the University Marketing Department, to
coordinate additional projects and receive approval.
* Oversee the production of a variety of design, film, photography,
and social media content, while utilizing the Campus Recreation
style guide and ensuring compliance with University policies.
* Oversee all print and signage orders with the LU Print Shop, LU
Sign Shop, and various external vendors.
* Create and oversee an annual marketing plan and manages all
projects from initiation to completion.
* Develop the events and programming calendar for the marketing
team, delegate creation of design content as needed and coordinate
proofing and corrections for those materials.
* Assist in the coordination of division sponsorships and CR
* Manage all content for Campus Recreation website pages and
coordinates with Information Technology on any and all development
updates and initiatives.
* Collaborate with staff members operating facilities or leading
programs and events to ensure content best represents each area and
its appeal to end users is effective.
* Frequently oversee and assist with events or operations during
evening, nights or weekend hours.
* Remain up to date on industry standards and performance
benchmarks and ensure that Campus Recreation marketing remain
effective and current.
* Perform all other tasks assigned by the Director of
Communications and Marketing.
* Work effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU's
* Four-year college degree from an accredited university in Digital
Media, Communications or related field.
* 3+ years' professional experience
* Experience in graphic design, specifically working knowledge of
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
* Experience leading a team
* Project management experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills, problem solving ability and
attention to detail
* Earned or progress towards a graduate level degree in
Communications, Studio Media Arts, Sports Management, Event
Management, Program Management or related field.
* Experience with various social media outlets.
* Experience with photography and video editing.
* Experience with WordPress.
Keywords: Liberty University, Lynchburg , Associate Director of Marketing, Advertising , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!