Senior Administrative Assistant
Company: Pacific Life
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Administrative
Assistant to join the Life Insurance Division in Lynchburg, VA. The
Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance
professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance
coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth
accumulation, and wealth preservation goals. This role supports a
senior leader and is efficient and comfortable being a member of a
team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex
schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this
position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good
problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of
workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Administrative Responsibilities 65%
Works independently and exercises initiative and judgement on a
regular basis to provide personal administrative assistance which
includes the preparation and organization of their mail and
correspondence, written, verbal, and electronic. Tasks include but
are not limited to:
* Provides administrative support to Lynchburg Operations site
leader, HR site leader, and other leaders as needed
* Lead coordinator for onsite events and community engagement
* Treats or addresses applicable issues/situations with utmost
sensitivity and complete confidentiality.
* Anticipates the needs of the leader/team supported and
* Reviews and updates assigned calendars, including creating,
accepting, or declining appointments, and identifying and resolving
* Reviews, organizes, and prioritizes assigned inboxes.
* Receives, responds and/or redirects phone calls in a professional
* Completes daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly organization and
clean-up of written and/or electronic files.
* Provides needed reporting or coordination of information or
* Coordinates travel arrangements and processes travel
* Gathers and analyzes budget information and completes the
Conference and Meeting Planning 35%
* Plans and executes Life Insurance Division and
Corporate-sponsored events for the Lynchburg office including but
not limited to: Employee Appreciation Events, Division Quarterly
Meetings, Town Hall Meetings, SVP Visits to Lynchburg, and other
events as they are assigned.
* Event responsibilities include but are not limited to: site
selection and contract negotiations, food and beverage planning,
audio/visual, venue set-up, transportation arrangements, hotel room
blocks and agenda building
* Builds and maintains relationships with internal even support
departments such as IT and Facilities as well as external vendors
such as event venues, caterers, building management, etc.
* Manage event budgets, complete expense tracking sheets and
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
Factors for Success:
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word , Powerpoint and Outlook. Basic
knowledge of Excel.
* Demonstrated proficiency in written communications, include a
proven ability to create concise, grammatically correct emails.
* Analytical ability to handle basic to moderate administrative
* Takes initiative in performing tasks and problem solving.
* Ability to be resourceful, work independently, and offer
suggestions for making processes more efficient.
* 4+years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience in a corporate
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a
competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as
part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our
employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with
company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative
products and services including life insurance, annuities, and
mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of
which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each
employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we
pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is
challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a
powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an
environment where you re empowered to achieve your personal best.
In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For
additional company information, including current financial
strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.
Keywords: Pacific Life, Lynchburg , Senior Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!