Company: Belvac Production Machinery Inc.
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Belvac is the world leader in the design and production of
continuous motion rotary machinery. We provide beverage canmakers
with high-speed trimming, necking, base reprofiling and reforming,
shaping, bottom rim coating, flanging and inspection technology.
Over the years, we have been responsible for numerous advances in
canmaking technology. This technology has enabled our customers to
steadily increase line speeds and improve quality and productivity,
while significantly reducing materials costs. Belvac was founded in
1962 in Lynchburg Virginia. Philosophies of quality, pride,
craftsmanship, and work ethic set extremely high standards and
quickly drove Belvac to become the world leader in its industry
revolutionizing many manufacturing processes. For over forty years
Belvac has turned innovative ideas into world class machinery.
Serving both the Can Making and Plastics industry.sts.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for: 1) assisting in closing
the monthly books for US and foreign operations. 2) Review,
propose, and implement process and procedural improvements with
Manufacturing, Sales, and various other functional groups with a
focus on leveraging the tools within our ERP system. 3) Prepare,
analyze and issue various types of financial reports/results. 4)
Assist in the preparation and analysis of the monthly close,
rolling operating budgets, monthly forecasts, interim reviews and
the annual plan. 5) Works closely with the Accounts Payable &
Receivable, Fixed Assets, and Payroll team. 6) Interacts with
internal and external auditors 7) Further define and optimize
Belvac s business needs through developing standard processes and
* Assist in the preparation, processing, and analysis of Belvac s
financial results, including foreign operations.
* Work with the operational leaders of the business to enhance
controls and maintain good business practices.
* Interacts closely with collections, payables and payroll team
* Formulates, recommends and helps administers financial policies
and procedures for the company.
* Work with the IT team to utilize the IFS and other systems to
automate controllership processes and increase productivity of the
* Analyze and reconcile various GL balances.
* Maintains and enhance the ERP controls which verify the integrity
of financial information.
* Provide compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and assist in
coordination of all Sarbanes Oxley related internal and external
* Provides management with interpretation and counseling on all
areas of controllership, including turns, DPO, DSO, cash flow, etc.
to comply with company metrics.
* Assist with various requests from external & internal auditors
and well as statutory third parties.
* Cross train as a backup for other team members.
* Participate in the various monthly, quarterly, and yearly
financial closings and projections.
* Responsible for all other duties as assigned by the Director of
Bachelor s degree in Accounting required.
CPA, CMA, MBA or other appropriate certification or advanced degree
Should have a minimum of 4 years progressive experience in
Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting and Plant Finance roles.
Should have an understanding of manufacturing operations and have
excellent verbal and communication skills.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel., Word, and Power Point.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law..
Keywords: Belvac Production Machinery Inc., Lynchburg , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Lynchburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!